best chocolate cake recipe, chocolate buttercream frosting, chocolate pound cake recipe, chocolate pudding cake recipe, chocolate pudding mix, death by chocolate cake recipe, doctored up chocolate cake recipe, easiest moist chocolate cake recipe, easy chocolate cake recipe, moist chocolate cake recipe, sweet chocolate chips, triple chocolate cake recipe
Gram gets credit for this one. It started as a pound cake recipe but since I live in a world where more is… MORE… I started using this recipe for cupcakes and got rave reviews.
This Choco-BEAST recipe is boss in a bundt cake pan, as a cake, or as cupcakes.
- 3 oz. package of chocolate pudding mix
- 1 dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. warm H20
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a large bowl combine all except the chocolate chips. Beat 4 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- For a silly chocolatey rich Bundt Cake: Bake at 350 for 50 – 60 minutes in a greased and floured bundt pan. Let cool for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack and sprinkle the top with confectioner’s sugar.
- For cupcakes: Bake at 350 for 10 – 12 minutes.
- For mini-cupcakes: Bake at 350 for 7 – 9 minutes.
Pictured here with my beloved whisky and chocolate buttercream frosting, but you can top the cupcakes with whatever suits you.